MKA’s effort to support clients often continues with construction services. Our certified professionals are on project sites verifying construction methods, materials, and safety. We are often asked to provide administrative and technical services, as well as, leadership and advisement as clients’ projects move from design to construction.
MKA adopts our clients’ vision for their project and protects their interests. Our knowledge of engineering and construction assures the client receives the proper methods and quantities.
We have served the public and private sectors and developed expertise in transportation, transmission, and infrastructure projects.
Construction Inspection Services:
- CPM Schedules
- Construction Documentation
- Materials Documentation
- Environmental Compliances
- Labor Compliance
- Change Orders
- Work Zone Safety
- Field Testing
Marie Antoinette Overlook
Wysox Township, Bradford County, PA
The Marie Antoinette Overlook, constructed in 1930, is located to offer visitors a panoramic view of the French Azilum Historic Site which dates to 1793. MKA was responsible for quality assurance, schedule and budget control for this historic reconstruction project. Tasks included documentation, inspection, materials control, and contract compliance.
- Restoration of historic structures including structures, walls and foundations
- Mitigation of adverse effects to structures
- Replication of historic features including walkways
Historic - Educational
French Azilum, Inc.
PA Turnpike MP 2-10
Beaver & Lawrence Counties, PA
MKA performed engineering and environmental services within an aggressive nine month schedule. MKA performed field surveying, environmental field studies including wetland delineations, wetland mitigation plans, roadway and drainage design, bridge design, MPT plans, and Highway Lighting plans.
- Eight mile project required widening the PA Turnpike mainline to provide six traffic lanes
- Replacement and widening of nine bridge/box culverts
- Construction of two 130-foot, 2-span bridges
- Complex waterway and NPDES approvals
- MKA also performed Construction Management and On-Site Inspection services.
PA Turnpike Commission
Klines Pedestrian Bridge
City of Allentown, Lehigh County, PA
MKA performed the preliminary and final design for this new bridge carrying the City of Allentown Park Drive across the Little Lehigh Creek in the City’s Lehigh Parkway. Services included surveying, modifications to the existing stone abutment bridge seats, bridge design, environmental clearances including the waterway permit, bid document preparation, and construction inspection.
- 100 foot single span steel truss bridge
- This 12 foot wide pre-fabricated steel truss bridge is designed to accommodate both pedestrians and light maintenance vehicles.
- MKA performed construction inspection